Chinese Herbs are one of the great herbal systems of the world, with an unbroken tradition going back to the 3rd century BC. Yet throughout its history it has continually developed in response to changing clinical conditions, and has been sustained by research into every aspect of its use. This process continues today with the development of modern medical diagnostic techniques and knowledge.
- Chinese Herbal medicine is about 5000 years old and originated in China
- The treatment involves taking a prescription of Chinese herbs which are made up according to the signs and symptoms of the patient
- The herbalist Mrs Jackie Arnold will take a full medical history from the patient and then assemble the herbs in exact amounts to treat the problem
- The herbs act internally to improve the condition and promote good health
- As the prescription is holistic there are generally no side-
- Chinese herbs can be used for all the conditions listed for Acupuncture ie Headache, arthritis, back pain, gastritis
- They are very effective for skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and acne and also chronic illness where the patient is very weak in energy ie After a viral infection or in chronic tiredness